Our church had its beginnings with circuit riders from the Baltimore Conference serving the Pittsburgh Circuit, until the Pittsburgh Conference of the Methodist Church was organized in 1825. Our congregation grew out of class meetings held in the home of Samuel Bushfield in 1799. Services were held in homes or public buildings until 1833 when the first church building was constructed. Two years later a Sunday School was organized. Growth necessitated a larger building which was dedicated in 1852; this was remodeled and enlarged in 1885. Construction started on the new building in 1905 with dedication occurring in 1907. This building was remodeled in 1930. A fire destroyed the sanctuary in 1933, and this was immediately rebuilt in early English Gothic. Extensive remodeling and expansion began in 1959 and was completed in 1962. Today, our church has 1,704 members, and we continue to identify vital ways to serve the congregation, the city and our region.